Sunday, April 3, 2011

Intro

So after many hours of trying to figure out the "right" name, this one kind of stumbled upon me as I was texting my husband ideas for him to vote upon. My mind always blanks when I try to think of creative titles, names, etc. But I think this one fits for what I hope this blog to be.

I'm a graduate student who (attempts to) work at home while also taking care of my 18 month old daughter. My husband is also a student, though is about to graduate as an RN. We are both incredibly blessed to have the ability to spend significant time with our daughter, even if it does involve mass chaos as we try to balance everything. So we try to do a lot with her, whether it be dancing to music, playing outside, watching ants, watering our plants, crocheting a hat, or doing arts and crafts. We are also fortunate in where we live - San Diego, which has a plethora of things to do and see :)

So here's my attempt to share these journeys with others. At the very least, it will help capture moments when life seems to just fly by.

Why River Weaving? Because rivers are a great representation of life - flowing, finding unexpected things around each turn, full of life, being changed by and changing the world around them. Weaving because weaving helps eternalize memories, events, symbols. It captures the ephemeral moments and makes them material. And it too is a process, a story in its own making.

Of course, there is also the fact that you can't weave a river, just as you can't grasp water. You can only weave representations of it, only hold the idea of it.

And here we are :) Here I will have the happenings of our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment